240610 Critical Case

    Was very busy this few days and i am not in the mood to update my blog. Erm.

    This week i am on morning shift again and guess what happen yesterday?

    A lady called my mobile at 6 o clock morning. RAWRRRRR I am sleeping and someone called de wrong number which is my number. Duh.

    Later when i am on my way to work, it starts raining. Duh. It’s so nice to sleep wei! Yes. I know it is but i need to work! RAWRRRR

    After i reached office, turn on my desktop, and with outlook and logs opened, i tend to zzz on my desk. Out of sudden, i wake up and check if there are any new emails and ... yes. Here is it, critical case. My first critical case on early morning!
    Omfg. I am the only one on morning shift. I am so freaking sleepy and critical case just came in at this hour. I was shocked and stunned. Luckily, there’s another colleague in my office so i called him and told him that there’s critical case. We opened up the case and read the description. My head was full of question marks and so do my colleague. We totally have no idea on what is customer trying to say. Duh. Few minutes later, manager came in. She’s early that day. She asked me to call the customer. RAWR i tried to call but i didn’t managed to call the number. End up my colleague have to help me to call the customer which is allocated at US. After ding dong here and there, we tried to log in their servers remotely and ... tala! We have no idea on how to log in to their server.

    While finding ways to log in customer’s server, customer been IM me and asked how’s investigation and blah. I am stressed. My brain is dead. Totally have no idea on the product that customer were using right down. As i dare not tell customer that we are still looking for a way to access their server, i just tell him that we are listing the logs that customer need to provide to us. While bullshit with customer, suddenly he said the service have comes up and it is working. Duh. I hate this. He asked me if i did anything on the server. Oh man, i don’t even know how to access the server, how do i change anything or reboot the server? Amazing. The service comes up itself.
    Suppose, i should be happy and ask customer to close the case. Yeah right~ As if they are so kind will close the case just like this. They will still ask you for root cause. If you can’t provide, they will never ever close the case.

    After discussion with my colleague, we suspected it’s the network issue on their site but they will never ever admit that. Hence, we still need to provide proof but the traces can only be done when the service is down. So, we need to wait until the issue re-occur. Because the service is up and running, we are not able to do any traces, so the case has been downgraded to major case. Phew~ its major case now, at least i do not need to close the case within x hours.

    Today, when i am almost off work, comes in another two critical cases from different customer. For the first case, I did not notice that until manager come out from her room, she pass by my cubicle, i know she is talking but i don’t know what the heck is she talking about because i am happily listening songs using headphone. Until my colleague who is sitting in front of me, look at me with a very big eye and talk with me. I took off my headphone and asked her what happen and she said got critical case. Oh man. Just 15more minutes and it is out of my business. RAWRRRR

    But afternoon shift colleague was blur enough and she picked up the case but later paris support team have took back the case. So, end of the story of first critical case.

    Around 5minutes later, another critical case comes in. Seriously i am so freaking pek cek because another 5minutes, i can run away from my office already. Luckily the customer owner, my colleague is around, so she picked up the case.

    Ok, i think today i am slightly lucky? LOL

    3 comments:

    jacque said...

    aduh...u r....bad habit...asked u don keep on listen loud loud song...now dunno manager tok wat....

    Chong said...

    You in Network Management line?

    gⓤIn said...

    @jac: T.T almost fall in slp jor. n i just listen for 15mins nia then kena jackpot :S

    @Chong: erm. voip line tho.